Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The Sunshine Factory - Happy Hour Review


Sample of Bar Taps

Cheers!

How's it going everybody? Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and is now nice and refreshed and ready for December!

Let's get right to it.

Even though it was Thanksgiving and I was out of town, I was able to hit up a new (to the area) spot near my apartment once I got back from good ol' Omaha, NE.

The spot - The Sunshine Factory

As many of you might know, this place isn't new in name; only in location. The Sunshine Factory has been around since 1976. They were located a short 3 miles from where they sit now. The lease was up and the owners couldn't come to an agreement so the packed up and shipped out to the closest available spot.

Now, I've been to the old Sunshine and it was okay. They had a nice dinning room side and a low key, low maintenance bar area. Both did the job but left a lot to be desired. So much so in fact, that even though my wife and I enjoyed the food and drink specials, we never really thought to go back.

The place now however is outstanding. After months of anticipation and driving by it on my way home everyday and seeing the progress; I couldn't wait for opening day.

It finally came and I couldn't have been more excited.

The place really just brings a new vibe to the area. Sure, there is Chili's and Cowboy Jacks in the vicinity and they serve their purpose, but this place is something new and fresh.

When I finally got to check it out, I was stunned. Not that it's an out of this world place, but the transformation from the old to the new just blew me away. TV's everywhere, smell of fresh paint and not to mention, and brand new bar and patio. I didn't try the patio since it's freezing out.

Once seated at the bar, I was happy to see they still have their outstanding Happy Hour specials. Mon-Fri (2-6 & 9-12:30) followed by Saturday (10-6 & 9-12:30) & Sunday (10-6 & 9-11) you can get $2.25 bottles, $2.50 pints or rail drinks and $3.50 jumbo taps. There are some food deals mixed in as well.

They did bump things up .25-.50 cents from the old location, but that is to be expected.

On this night I went with a couple of the $3.50 jumbo taps of Grainbelt Premium. Flanked with their $5.99 any burger deal (on Monday), I was a happy camper.

The bartender(s) also added into the enjoyment. They were very friendly and had no problem helping you with any questions you might have.

I have to say, I was excited when I heard the place was moving and getting a face lift; after actually going, I'm ecstatic. I know now that I have a great place for all my tears to fall in my beer while watching my favorite teams play and those weekend nights when I don't want to venture out downtown.

Give this place a try. If anything, you will get a cheap drink and free popcorn.

Bottoms Up
Ken 


No comments:

Post a Comment