Tuesday, February 11, 2014

New Orleans Road Trip - Bars & Beads (Preview)



Cheers!

Hope everyone is doing well. So, a lot of you might be wondering about the countdown clock at the top right of this page. Yep, right there. You have seen it countdown for about a month now and probably have no idea what it's for.

Well, it's a countdown to when I leave on my road trip to the great city of New Orleans. Sure, we are stopping in Memphis for a night, but this trip is for New Orleans and the greatest free party in the US - Mardi Gras.

I won't waste your time explaining what Mardi Gras is as I'm sure you have either seen pictures or have heard about it from a friend. To sum it up, it's about a month long of Awesomeness.

I actually spent a lot of my childhood in the great state out Louisiana so I'm familiar with New Orleans and Mardi Gras. I've gone a handful of times as an adult and love bringing new friends to the city.

Side note - I just checked a few travel sites and there are still plenty of hotels available and at a good rate. I would book now, you won't be disappointed.

Anyway - A lot of people say that Vegas might be the best place to party. It can be. However, in my mind, it has nothing on New Orleans. New Orleans bars don't close and the locals love talking to you over a cold adult beverage.

Something you just don't find in Vegas.

This was a short post, I know, but the recap of the trip will have more pictures, stories and recommendations on places to drink a long the way if you ever decide to make the road trip.

Until then,

Bottoms Up!
Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment